Terms of Service
Transactions and E-commerce on TheMash.com. During your visit to our Web site you may elect to engage in a transaction involving the purchase of a product such as a newspaper subscription, a print or online advertisement or other tangible goods and services. To serve you most efficiently, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are often handled by a third party processing agent, bank or distribution institution. While in most cases transactions are completed without difficulty, there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet or offline. If you’re concerned about online credit card safety, in most cases a telephone number will be made available so you can call us and place your order by phone. TheMash.com cannot and does not take responsibility for the success or security of transactions undertaken or processed by third parties.
Errors in Advertisements. On occasion, a product or service may not be available at the time or the price as it appears in an advertisement. In such event, or in the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error, technology effort, error in the date or length of publication, or error in pricing or product information received from our advertisers or suppliers, you agree TheMash.com is not responsible for such errors or discrepancies.
Communications with Third Parties through TheMash.com. Your dealings or communications through TheMash.com with any party other than TheMash.com are solely between you and that third party. For example, certain areas of TheMash.com may allow you to conduct transactions or purchase goods or services. In most cases, these transactions will be conducted by third-party vendors. Under no circumstances will TheMash.com be liable for any goods, services, resources or content available through such third party dealings or communications, or for any harm related thereto. Please review carefully that third party’s policies and practices and make sure you are comfortable with them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, concerns or questions relating to materials provided by third parties should be forwarded directly to the third party.
During your visit to TheMash.com you may link to, or view as part of a frame, certain content that is actually created or hosted by a third party. You may be introduced to, or be able to access, information, Web sites, advertisements, features, contests or sweepstakes offered by other parties. TheMash.com is not responsible for the actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable terms of service and privacy policies of those third parties when providing information on such a feature or page.
Copyright. All information, content, services and software displayed on, transmitted through, or used in connection with TheMash.com, with the exception of User Content, including for example news articles, reviews, directories, guides, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, video, html, source and object code, trademarks, logos, and the like (collectively, the “Content”), as well as its selection and arrangement, is owned by CTC, and/or its affiliated companies, licensors and suppliers. You may use the Content online only, and solely for your personal, non-commercial use, and you may download or print a single copy of any portion of the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you do not remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from such Content. If you operate a Web site and wish to link to TheMash.com, you may do so provided you agree to cease such link upon request from TheMash.com.com. Other uses are not permitted without prior written permission of TheMash.com. The permitted use described in this Paragraph is contingent on your compliance at all times with these Terms of Service.
You may not, for example, republish any portion of the Content on any Internet, Intranet or extranet site or incorporate the Content in any database, compilation, archive or cache. You may not distribute any Content to others, whether or not for payment or other consideration, and you may not modify, alter, copy, frame, cache, reproduce, sell, publish, transmit, display or otherwise use any portion of the Content. You may not scrape or otherwise copy our Content without permission. You agree not to decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through TheMash.com, not to insert any code or product or manipulate the content of TheMash.com in any way that affects the user’s experience, and not to use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method.
Requests to use Content for any purpose other than as permitted in these Terms of Service should be directed to email@example.com. In certain cases, you may be able to obtain a license to use individual stories that appear on TheMash.com through online functionality we have specifically designated (e.g., to e-mail a story to a friend or to purchase the rights to reproduce a story for other use). In such cases, we will tell you directly in the portion of the Content you may license or you will see a link in the Content itself. If you do not see such authorization or link, you should assume no third party has the right to allow you to use the Content.
Notice of Intellectual Property Infringement. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable law, it is the policy of TheMash.com, in appropriate circumstances, to terminate the account of a user who is deemed to infringe third party intellectual property rights or to remove User Content that is deemed to be infringing. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or are aware of any infringing material placed by any third party on TheMash.com, please provide substantially the following information to our Copyright Agent (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(c)(3) to confirm these requirements):
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material you claim is infringing is located on the site (providing us with website URL is the quickest way to help us locate content quickly);
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
TheMash.com’s copyright agent can be reached as follows:
Copyright Agent, 435 N. Michigan Ave., 6th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611, 312-222-4172 (voice), 312-222-4206 (fax), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the above contact information is for intellectual property infringement notices only. DO NOT CONTACT THEMASH.COM’S COPYRIGHT AGENT FOR OTHER INQUIRIES OR QUESTIONS. For other inquiries or questions, please use the information listed in the Contact Us section below. Please also note that, pursuant to Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Counter-Notification for Intellectual Property Infringement. If you elect to send us a counter-notice in response to a notice of intellectual property infringement, to be effective it must be a written communication provided to TheMash.com’s designated Copyright Agent, (see above for contact information), that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g)(3) to confirm these requirements):
- an electronic or physical signature of the registered user;
- a description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (providing us with a website URL is the quickest way to help us locate content quickly);
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that you (the registered user) have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- a statement by you that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which TheMash.com may be found, and that the you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of intellectual property infringement or an agent of such person.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability. Please also be advised that we enforce a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of Customers who are repeat infringers.