By Alex Anderson
American School of Correspondence
1. It’s a romance, comedy and drama all rolled into one. You want to laugh and cry—all at the same time.
2. It’s so 100 percent relatable. In every scene, you’ll sit there nodding your head because you’ve had the experience too. You just want to shout out, “OMG, me too!”
3. It takes on heavy topics and translates them into a lighthearted way so you’re not overwhelmed, just touched.
4. It makes you feel like you’re not alone. Someone out there has the same triumphs and setbacks. It makes you wish the characters would come to life.
5. Three actors play the main characters so well that I want pull them out of the screen and call them my friends.
“The Perks of Being a Wallflower” opens in Chicago on Friday, Sept. 28.
>> Are you excited to see the “Perks” movie? Tell us what part of the book you’re looking forward to seeing translated to the big screen, or which actors you’re eager to see as your favorite characters. Leave a comment below or tweet us @mashchicago and your comments might be printed in The Mash on Sept. 20!
March 03, 2011
February 02, 2011
May 07, 2012
March 01, 2012
June 07, 2012