September 17, 2012
Haven’t heard of Nick Blaemire and the Hustle? We were head over heels for their summertime cover of “Call Me Maybe” and now we’re giving you five more reasons to adore this groove-tastic band.
- Lead singer Nick Blaemire is adorable. We don’t know if that affects the band’s jams, but it’s enough of an incentive to check them out, right?
- The band’s sound is a unique blend of R&B, soul and funk, lovingly dubbed “Nerdsoul.” It’s fresh, fun and totally addictive.
- The Hustle’s EP dropped in March and they’ve been playing shows all over ever since. Good news for Chicago fans? There are enough concert videos to keep you in a YouTube vortex for weeks (or tie you over until they hit the Windy City).
- Along with writing their own songs, the band is turning out killer covers of like “Brand New Jones” as well as TV theme song covers for shows like “Doug” and “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.”
- There’s no better reason than The Hustle itself, right? The band’s second music video was released today, and if “Complete” doesn’t leave you dancing, then you may need to see a doctor…preferably one that specializes in Nerdsoul deficiencies.
>> What do you think of the “Complete” video? Leave a comment below or tweet us @mashchicago!
Powered by Facebook Comments
About The Mash
You might also like
Anna Quesse reviews the latest from author Kiersten White and illustrator Jim Di Bartolo. [...]
Masher Immanuel Sodipe reviews Johnny Depp's latest film. [...]
Kiley's wearing a Cinderella-style dress to prom that's got a history [...]
Bizzy Emerson checked out John Steinbeck’s classic novel, “Of Mice and Men,” on Broadway [...]